Warranty & Returns
In addition to your consumer rights we offer the following warranty:
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Warranty, Brassart Limited ( “BA”) warrants to the original end user/Purchaser that each of BA’s products shall be subject to the following Limited Warranty provisions and other specific or implied conditions and shall be non-transferable.
The warranty shall commence from the time of installation and will be valid only subject to proper care of the product(s) in accordance with our ‘Care of Finishes’ instructions and must be installed by a qualified and competent installer.
Limited Warranty – Mechanical
- Products manufactured by “BA” shall be free from breakage for the lifetime of the Product except as otherwise provided for in this Warranty.
- Products manufactured by “BA” shall be free from internal mechanical defects, including, but not limited to; defects in all moving parts contained within the product for 5 years commencing on the date of fitting by the end user Purchaser.
Limited Warranty – Finishes
- On Plated finishes 10 years including but not limited to Electrophoretic lacquer, Nickel and Chrome but specifically excluding other finishes specified below.
- On Plated Gold and Silver and lacquered brass 2 years.
- Patina finishes and other specialist applied patinas including but not limited to Un-lacquered brass, Bronzing, Antiquing and distressed finishes are hand prepared and applied and therefore develop their own patina over time; this is part of their charm. These finishes are not warranted but we make exhaustive efforts to provide consistency across all surfaces and across products.
- ‘BA’ Titanium Gold or PVD as it is commonly referred to is a highly resistant finish which is guaranteed for 25 years
Conditions of use
The above warranties are offered on the condition that the product is to be used in non-hazardous atmospheric conditions and free from the effects of high temperature and humidity and salt ingress. In these conditions please seek further advice from ‘BA’ directly.
If a claim is made under this Warranty and after investigation by ‘BA’ proves to be valid ‘BA’ will at its sole discretion repair or replace the defective product. Following repair or replacement the original warranty period will continue in effect and be specifically applicable to the repaired or replaced part or product. If an exact replacement of the part or component is not available because it has been discontinued ‘BA’ reserves the right to refund all or part of the original purchase price of the product; this shall be at its sole discretion. Further to this ‘BA’ shall not be obligated or responsible for any costs of original installation, repair, or replacement, or for loss of or damage to any material which is not sold by ‘BA’. The remedies provided under this warranty shall be the sole and exclusive remedies and ‘BA’ shall not be liable for any other remedy or damages including without limitation incidental , consequential and special damages.
All claims and other communications under the terms of this warranty must be in registered in writing briefly describing the defect and be accompanied by a proof of purchase or installation. The claimant must provide any other information reasonably required by ‘BA’ and if requested must permit inspection of the product by ‘BA’. Warranty claims can be delivered by email or postal mail and will be acknowledged promptly on receipt.
Our warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of non- infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
This warranty does not affect the statutory rights of the purchaser/ end user.
If you wish to return your product please consult your original point of purchase. We are unable to accept returns from third parties. Your retailer will then advise you as to whether your product meets the returns criteria and arrange for a return if applicable.
Goods will only be considered for return for credit, exchange or refund within 28 days of receipt and with prior agreement by the company.
For standard catalogue items there will be a restocking charge of a minimum of 25% of invoice value.
Any non standard or specially made items are generally non returnable but an offer may be made and will be entirely at the discretion of the company.
All returns will be subject to the condition of the goods upon receipt. IF the goods and/or packaging are not in perfect condition we reserve the right not to issue a credit or to charge up to 100% of the value of the product. The product must be packaged in its original packaging or suitably protected so that it cannot be damaged whilst in transit. Any product that has not been suitably packaged will not be considered for credit or return.
If a returns agreement is made, a returns number will be given to use on all resulting correspondence.
Claims for visible damage which may have been caused in transit must be received within 3 working days of receipt of the order by the dealer. Any other discrepancies must be raised within 14 working days.